Our Plaice is in the friendly village of Timsbury near Bath, where owners Nicky and Mike have been trading since 2005. We employ several local people and serve customers from the surrounding villages and as far afield as Bath.
We have an extensive menu which includes traditional Fish and Chips, Burgers, numerous homemade and healthy options.
We source our fish from the well managed waters of the Barent Sea, North of Norway, the North Atlantic off Iceland and the Faroe Islands. This means it is all caught from sustainable stocks and are well policed to ensure this.
We are very proud of the fact we have a 5 star Hygiene Rating along with our Bronze award for ‘Eat Out Eat Well’.
- “If the fish and chips is anything to go by, the rest of the varied menu will be great too. Friendly, unhurried and fresh!”
- “Top notch without doubt the best fish and chips in the area, if you live in Timsbury, Camerton, Tunley or are just visiting, look no further.”
- “Love Our Plaice! We have just moved here and everyone has made us feel so welcome, we use them a lot. Thank you!”
- “Love the healthy option of jacket potato, tuna and beans. Also love the salad boxes too. Great!”
- “Friendly local service, generous portion and freshly cooked fish. Better than 99% of chippies on the coast!”
Our opening times for this week, commencing: